Dr. rer. nat.
+49 89 3603522 10
Harald Rueß graduated with a Ph.D. in 1995 from the department of Artificial Intelligence at the Universität Ulm. Since 1995 he is a researcher in the Computer Science Laboratory at SRI International, Menlo Park, CA with intermediate research stints at Cambridge, Mannheim, and Manchester. Most of his research is concerned with the development and application of symbolic analysis and synthesis techniques to ultra-dependable software-intensive systems. For several years he also worked as a technical consultant and program manager for the German automotive and the aerospace industry. Currently he is managing director of the fortiss research institute at the Technische Universität München.
- Certification for u-Calculus with Winning Strategies. In Model Checking Software - 23rd International Symposium, SPIN 2016, Co-located with ETAPS 2016, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, April 7-8, 2016, Proceedings, pages 111–128, 2016. .
- Compositional Parameter Synthesis. In FM 2016: Formal Methods - 21st International Symposium, Limassol, Cyprus, November 9-11, 2016, Proceedings, pages 60–68, 2016. .
- Structural Synthesis for GXW Specifications. In Computer Aided Verification - 28th International Conference, CAV 2016, Toronto, ON, Canada, July 17-23, 2016, Proceedings, Part I, pages 95–117, 2016. .
- Distributed MILS architectural approach for secure smart grids. In . Springer International Publishing, 2014. .
- G4LTL-ST: Automatic Generation of PLC Programs. In Computer Aided Verification - 26th International Conference, CAV 2014, Held as Part of the Vienna Summer of Logic, VSL 2014, Vienna, Austria, July 18-22, 2014. Proceedings, pages 541–549, 2014. .
- EFSMT: A Logical Framework for Cyber-Physical Systems. arXiv preprint arXiv:1306.3456, abs/1306.3456():, 2013. .
- JBernstein: A Validity Checker for Generalized Polynomial Constraints. In Computer Aided Verification - 25th International Conference, CAV 2013, Saint Petersburg, Russia, July 13-19, 2013. Proceedings, pages 656–661, 2013. .
- On Behavioral Types for OSGi: From Theory to Implementation. CoRR, abs/1306.6115():, 2013. .
- Security policies for distributed systems. arXiv preprint arXiv:1310.3723, ():, 2013. .
- Security policies for distributed systems. CoRR, abs/1310.3723():, 2013. .
- EFSMT: A Logical Framework for Cyber-Physical Systems. CoRR, abs/1306.3456():, 2013. .
- Behavioral specification based runtime monitors for OSGi services. In . Springer, 2012. .
- Behavioral Specification Based Runtime Monitors for OSGi Services. In Leveraging Applications of Formal Methods, Verification and Validation. Technologies for Mastering Change - 5th International Symposium, ISoLA 2012, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, October 15-18, 2012, Proceedings, P, pages 405–419, 2012. .
- Distributed Priority Synthesis. In Proceedings Seventh Conference on Systems Software Verification, SSV 2012, Sydney, Australia, 28-30 November 2012., pages 57–72, 2012. .
- Distributed priority synthesis using knowledge. In Proceedings of the 2nd edition on Programming systems, languages and applications based on actors, agents, and decentralized control abstractions, AGERE! 2012, October 21-22, 2012, Tucson, Arizona, USA, pages 129–132, 2012. .
- Game solving for industrial automation and control. In IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, ICRA 2012, 14-18 May, 2012, St. Paul, Minnesota, USA, pages 4367–4372, 2012. .
- MGSyn: Automatic Synthesis for Industrial Automation. In Computer Aided Verification - 24th International Conference, CAV 2012, Berkeley, CA, USA, July 7-13, 2012 Proceedings, pages 658–664, 2012. .
- Algorithms for Synthesizing Priorities in Component-Based Systems. In Automated Technology for Verification and Analysis, 9th International Symposium, ATVA 2011, Taipei, Taiwan, October 11-14, 2011. Proceedings, pages 150–167, 2011. .
- Model Construction and Priority Synthesis for Simple Interaction Systems. In NASA Formal Methods - Third International Symposium, NFM 2011, Pasadena, CA, USA, April 18-20, 2011. Proceedings, pages 466–471, 2011. .
- Optimizations for Game-based Software Synthesis. TR-2011-12, Verimag Research Report, 2011. .
- Synthesis of Fault-Tolerant Embedded Systems Using Games: From Theory to Practice. In Verification, Model Checking, and Abstract Interpretation - 12th International Conference, VMCAI 2011, Austin, TX, USA, January 23-25, 2011. Proceedings, pages 118–133, 2011. .
- A Game-theoretic Approach for Synthesizing Fault-Tolerant Embedded Systems. CoRR, abs/1011.0268():, 2010. .