Working student (studentische hilfskraft) (m/w) – Autonomous Driving
fortiss - a Bavarian federal institute and An-institute of the Technical University Munich - researches software-intense systems. The competence field "autonomous systems" investigates methods and platforms for highly automated and autonomous driving including real-time applicable algorithms and robust architectures for decision making, trajectory planning and sensor fusion.
In cooperation with the Audi AG, we develop motion planning approaches for autonomous vehicles and verify them in real-world driving scenarios. One primary focus is the feasibility and robustness with series-like sensors and actors to achieve highly automated / piloted driving. Our work ranges from developing new concepts, over software development, to tools and simulation models to accelerate the development process.
We are looking for a:
Working student (studentische hilfskraft) (m/w) - Autonomous Driving
Your task will be:
- Contributing to cutting-edge research activities in motion planning for automated driving
- Contributing to the development and evaluation of software and algorithms for autonomous vehicles
- Contributing to the development of tools and simulation environments
What we expect:
- Excitement for software development and autonomous driving
- Currently enrolled at a university in computer science or related fields
- Very good programming skills in C++ (Qt/Matlab/Python is a plus)
- Knowledge in path planning or trajectory generation for non-holonomic vehicles is desirable
- Experience with simulation and testing of algorithms
What we offer:
- Excellent research environment in a research institute associated with the TU München
- Collaboration with leading industrial partners
- Active shaping of autonomous driving functions of future vehicles
- A young and team-oriented working atmosphere
- Opportunities for student thesis (bachelor thesis, master thesis)
Did we catch your interest?
Please submit your application with a motivational statement, a detailed CV and a current transcript of records to career(at)fortiss.org.
Please mention the above code in your application.
Contact person: Klemens Esterle